Higher dosage of atarax.Side effects?

Hi, My husband has taken 75mg of atarax instead of 25mg? what can be the side effects?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 11 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I will work on providing you some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on with your husband.

75 mg of this drug is not life-threatening or XXXXXXX This dosage will work it's way out of his system within about 12 hours. As far as side effects are concerned there may be a little bit of drowsiness which will not be severe. He may be somewhat tired for a few hours but this should not persist more than 8 to 12 hours.

I recommend that for the time being he hydrate himself as best as possible with plenty of water. I think you should be drinking at least 6 to 8 glasses of water over the next 12 hours.

Again let me reassure you that this is something which is not life-threatening and he will be fine. Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert.