High water bag level in scan, baby arching backwards. What does this mean?

Question
Hi, my wife just did a scan of our baby. We were told water bag level high. We were told that the baby is aching backwards instead of cuddlin up. The last scan before this was normally. We are very worried now. Could you briefly explain lay man terms..
Thank you
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
A high water bag level with adequate fluid is only suggestive of an unripe cervix. It is suggestive of slight delay in onset of spontaneous labor pains.
Arching backwards of the baby if it is persistent in every scan is worrisome. It might be suggestive of a spine related deformity.
Follow up scans and detailed evaluation is needed to comment on this in a better way.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: High water bag level in scan, baby arching backwards. What does this mean? 9 minutes later
The baby head is achin upwards. The last scan a month ago is normal. Our gyna is seeking 2nd opinion from another gyna. We are very worried of the head upwards.
We read of many complications with high water bag which lead to defects.
We are going to OGTT this coming Monday.
Any advise

Thank you

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
If the earlier scan was normal then it might just be a positional variation. Most of such defects can be easily detected by ultrasound scan by 24 weeks gestation.
Seeking a second opinion is the best thing.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.