High triglycerides, normal BP, taking Lipicard, Rosuvas, Ecosprin. Medicines causing sleepiness. Combination okay?

Recently I am diagonised with high triglycerides > 400 and FPS - 135. i am given Lipicard 200mg, Rosuvas F10 - 1 in the night and Ecosprin 150mg after lunch. My BP is normal. I excercise daily 45 minutes. After taking these medicines I am feeling very weak and sleepy unable to get up early for walk and unable to work comfortably.
Please suggest is this comibation of medicines are OK or any thing to be stopped immediately ?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 6 hours later

Drug (statin) induced myopathy and rhabdomylysis are one of the known side effects of using statin drugs and these can occur with the use of Rosuvastatin. Assessment can be done by measuring the CPK levels and these are found to be raised in the case of myopathy and rhabomylysis. So please get these levels done and if they are found to be more than 500, then the statins need to be stopped.

However a much more common cause of such lethargy and muscle weakness is vitamin D deficiency. Hence I will suggest you to get your vitamin D levels also done.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.