High triglycerides. Quitting tea helpful ?

I have high triglycerides and want to know if I need to cut out my daily cup of chai. It has 17g sugar. I eat healthy the rest of the day but have not in the past. Just want to know if I should cut the chai completely.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later

High levels of triglycerides do indicate a raised blood cholesterol levels. To bring these levels back to normal, dietary modifications play an important role.

Tea contains caffeine and sugar as its main components. The fat is the saturated fat that is derived from the milk that is used. You can use skimmed milk or double toned milk to reduce the fat intake. "Taking sugar does not produce much effect on blood triglyceride levels. However reduced sugar intake definitely helps in reducing weight which in the long run helps to reduce the cholesterol levels".

In addition to the low fat low cholesterol diet, you should add more soluble fibre in your diet. Good sources of soluble fiber include oats, certain fruits (such as oranges and pears) and vegetables (such as brussels sprouts and carrots), and dried peas and beans.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.