High temperature, headache, tiredness, done blood test

I have had a high temperature of 39-40.9 for about 5 weeks now, im tired all the time and keep getting bad headaches. I have had blood tests and they all came back normal...Please can someone tell me whats wrong as my doctor has no idea. My temperature is normally 36, so its very high for me. I am normally fit and well...and i just lack so much energy, im so drained now.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Persistent raised body temperature with associated with headache with all tests normal is normally seen in viral illness. If there is no associated sore throat or cold or signs of infection anywhere in the body then taking tylenol and taking a good supportive treatment will help in controlling the viral infection in 3-5 days.
Follow the supportive measures mentioned below to see beneficial response.
1. Cold sponges might be helpful to reduce the body temperature.
2. Take cold fluids orally in unlimited amounts (reason: good hydration replaces sweat and improves heat loss via skin).
3. Dress in 1 layer of light weight clothing and sleep with 1 light blanket (avoid bundling).
4. Take boilled and properly filtered water.
5. Increase fluid intake – glucose water, soups, fresh juices, coconut water.
6. Diet must be planned judiciously to provide good dose of vitamins especially vitamin A and vitamin C as these are essential for the regenerative purpose.
7. High fluid and soft diet in small frequency is recommended.
8. Food must be appetizing and made after considering the likes and dislikes of the patient.
9. Fatty, highly fibrous and very spicy foods should be avoided as they are hard to digest.
You might consult a doctor who can examine you and prescribe the proper antibiotics and supportive medications.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.