High pulse, nervousness during pregnancy. Suggest remedy for it?

Hello doctor
My wife having age of 24 pregnant about 6 week, she feel all the symptoms of pregnancy, but she feel high pulse rate also( after taking food and afternoon sleep) 95-105
this also the symmtoms of pregnancy or any other things, she feels nervous when it happen , please suggest something
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

I can understand the concern that your wife is having. The normal resting heart rate for adults is 60 to 100 beats per minute. In pregnancy, there is an increase in heart rate and heart rate increases during pregnancy; there is as much as a 20% increase in heart rate during the second and third trimesters; early on there is an increase of around 7 beats per minute, later the increases reaches up to a 15 beat per minute increase . Hence it is normal to find increased heart rate in pregnancy.

As is the case with all of the major organ systems, cardiovascular changes that take place during pregnancy are believed to be triggered by hormonal signals, primarily increases in progesterone and estrogen, which alert the body to the presence of a fetus. These changes begin in the first trimester and it includes an increased heart rate also.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.