High metabolism, have had smoked. Had hair analysis test. Will that detect my intake of drug?

HI Another sad story. 46 years old. Have never smoked thc before and gave in while with friends. Tried one hit approx 2 1/2 months ago then once more approx 3 weeks ago. Surprise hair test done last week!!!!! I am 46 female,approx 160 lbs and high metabolism. I heard that you have to smoke about the equivalence of 5 joints. Do you think 3 hits in 3 months will make a positive? I am so scared.
I will never ever ever do it again , definetely no worth it.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
Marijuana is detectable in the hair sample anywhere from 3 days-90 days duration.The reason for this broad range is that every human being has different rates of metabolism and the dosage one takes in also varies.
You have stated that you are a fast metabolizer,took a small dose of 5 joints and that the last smoke you had used was 3 weeks ago, it becomes very unlikely that cannabis can be detected in your sample. Its almost negligible chances. However as I have stated before, in humans it is still rarely possible.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Addiction Specialist
Follow-up: High metabolism, have had smoked. Had hair analysis test. Will that detect my intake of drug? 15 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX Thank you for your quick response. I do feel better but have some anxieties as I wait for the results. (of course.) So ....with your background and knowing that you are in the field. You truly feel that with my history and the fact that it was only 3 "hits" in the last 90 days. I should be OK? Nothing is worth this stress. I just wanted to know if you have ever heard of one being positive on such a small amount. Thanks for your knowledge and please know that it was truly an isolated incident. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 46 minutes later
Hello again
By my experience , such small usage will not make you stand positive.
There is a high chance that you might escape.
No I have not seen anybody coming positive on such low dosage.
But then again its a human body and not a machine. You cannot be 100% sure of anything.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy