High libido, taking drugs prescribed by psychiatrist, history of psychological problems

Question
i badly need a girlfriend in kolkata now. I'm almost 50y old.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

I would ask you to give me some more details on what you are going through exactly, the symptoms , duration and aggravating factors etc.

I will be then able to answer you better.

Anticipating your response.

Follow-up: High libido, taking drugs prescribed by psychiatrist, history of psychological problems 1 hour later
Actually I am leading almost a sexless life during past 5/6 years. My wife is a working lady. She is utterly conservative and frigid.
This is my second marriage. My first wife, a classmate, was too good in bed, she died 14years back in an accident. My psychological problems started then and after a treatment of 2years, by my psychiatrist's advice, I remarried, nevertheless I'm continuing the drugs still now.I think I have a high libido

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

I consider the problem you are going through could be a side effect of the drug Ativan you are taking where changes in sexual drive can be expected with. Also the other drugs Amlopress and Valproic acid can aggravate the symptoms by causing depression which is one of the side effect of both the drugs.

I would ask you to consult your Psychiatrist and get your medications revised , by that way you can get rid of the problem you have.

Hope this helps.