High level of vitamin D, minimal apical scaring of lung. Had smoking habit. Could it be TB?

My health quest started w a very high test of vit d 1,25 dihydroxy. The test was run by mistake and came up at 99 the first time at 129 the second.

Thyroid seems fine. I had a ct scan that came up w minimal apical scarring in the left lung. All other blood work has come back fine including calcium and Phos. I'm waiting for Lyme results and had a non reactive rpr this week. I am now

Concerned about Tb. I had the blood test today.

Two years ago I had a mri that show two small non specific

Foci that they thought could be related to prior infection, or antiinflammatory process or less likey an ischemic event. These were not active lesions. They were 4mm.

Could this all be connected. Does this sound like tb. I don't have a cough but I don't gain weight when I try either. I'm terrified. I smoked for 12 years and ha a possible case of pneumonia twenty years ago. I have no cough.

Thank you
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 38 hours later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through the query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be have apical lung fibrosis secondary to old healed lesion of the past i.e past history of pneumonia.

2. At present your clinical profile is not suggestive of TB.

3. Being an ex smoker you were predisposed to respiratory infections and COPD. Please do get your pulmonary function testing.Also ESR investigation should be of help.Quantiferon gold is a recent blood test which will help in ruling TB out. But you do not seem to be suffering from TB.

4. For high Vitamin D level, you need to get evaluated with an endocrinologist in detail.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist