High level of SGOT, SGPT, Gamma GT, methotrexate for psoriatic arthritis.Treatment ?

I have a high level of SGOT (AST) of 81 and SGPT(ALT) of 100 and Gamma GT is 55. I take 4 pills of Methotrexate every week since a long time due to my psoriatic arthritis. Should I be concerned or is there a treatment for this. I also take statins of 20 mg , Plavix and a blood pressure pill.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 5 hours later

Elevated SGOT, SGPT signify liver inflammation (hepatitis0. There are various causes of hepatitis like infection, abnormal immunity, fat deposition, due to drugs and some storage disorders.

Psoriasis is a disease caused by abnormal immune response to skin and joints and methotrexate acts by impairing immunity.

I advice you to see a gastroenterologist to examine you and perform appropriate test to pinpoint the cause of hepatitis.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow ups should you have any additional concerns.