High heart rate, breathlessness on stressful situations. Treadmill test normal. What to do?

I have a very strange problem. Whenever I am under sudden worry or emotional stress, like support a Dog barks on me, or I have to perform on stage, or when I hear someone from family is not well, etc. I feel a major depression sort of thing in my stomach. Also, my heart suddenly starts beating really fast. Also, I realize that the acid content in my stomach increases very rapidly, and I even feel breathless sometimes. I had got treadmill test, and many other tests done almost a year back, and all the reports were fine, and the doctor said that your heart is fine. Then why do I feel these sudden things? Why do I feel like my heart will explode suddenly? How can I improve on it?
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 38 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

The symptoms you are feeling, are due to our bodies response to fear.

To cope with the anticipated danger, our body dilates blood vessels and increase heart rate, breath rate & muscle's tone.

Suppose you require sudden running, more energy and oxygen is already available to your muscles due to increased blood flow.

Thus these symptoms don't indicate weakness of heart.

In your case if response to fear is excessive, you should consult a Psychiatrist for evaluation and proper treatment.

If you have further query in this regard, please feel free to ask,

With good wishes,