High heart rate after taking ecstasy. How to get normal heart rate? Prescribed with Klonipin and hypertension medication. Can I take them?

After taking ecstasy and hours have gone by I feel relaxed and lying down my pulse rate is too fast. Besides not taking these drugs again, what could help to get my heart rate normal. I'm prescribed klonipin and a high blood pressure medication but am apprehensive at trial and errror based on research about the hbp Med not mixing well with stimulants?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Stimulants like ecstasy are frequently known to increase blood pressure, heart rate and anxiety, the treatment of this condition is mainly symptomatic and no specific antidote exists. The effect of ecstasy normally wears off in 3-4 hours. However, if you are in severe distress, the drugs like cardioselective beta blockers like atenolol may be used. These drugs also cause a decrease in the blood pressure and can be XXXXXXX given that you are already receiving antihypertensive medication.

As I believe that more information can help a physician help a patient better, I would request you to answer the following questions:
1. When did you use ecstasy and what is your current heart rate? How frequently do you use ecstasy?
2. What is the drug that you are currently receiving for hypertension?
3. Does your heart rate make you uncomfortable? Are sweating and feeling dizzy as well?

Awaiting your reply