High gamma GT level and uric acid level. Should I be worried?

i just had a blood test and the GP told me that my Gamma GT is 175 but all the other liver tests are fine. my Cholesterol is 6 and my uric acid is 630. should i be Worried?
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 22 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Your Cholesterol and Uric acid levels are just crossing the normal ranges on the higher side.
GGT Level is also high but that much levels do not make big impact on health.
If you are a regular alcohol user even small amounts that much GGT would be raised.
You need to bring down the levels of cholesterol, strictly cut down on fried food, untimely fast foods, heavy snacks.
Improve your life style, find some time for exercises particularly brisk walking and jogging for 30 minutes daily at least five time a week.
These measures would help all the three parameters to be restored to normalcy.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: High gamma GT level and uric acid level. Should I be worried? 14 minutes later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX Choudhary
when i had a blood test before this one about 6/7 months ago the Gamma GT was 135, Uric acid was 560 and Cholesterol was 5.5.
any idea why the Gamma Gt Uric acid and Cholesterol are all on the up.
normal levels of Gamma Gt are 50/80 i am 175
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 34 minutes later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
These values are averages of mass population and would vary according to patient's life style, physical activities, food habits, addictions etc and the values can deviate from normal if you are overweight/obese/sedentary life style even when you do not have much of proven active disease.
Wish you a great health!