High fever when twelve weeks and three days pregnant. Harmful for baby?

When I was 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant, I had a high fever for less than 24 hours. The fever ranged from 102-103. Could this have any harmful effects on the baby?

Age: 29
Weight: 115
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 10 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

Regarding the fever which reported during your pregnancy, I believe there is no need to worry. If fluctuation in body temperature to this level would not be something that would provide a XXXXXXX effect to the developing baby. I completely understand the concern and anxiety you have about this but let me reassure you once again that this is not something to be concerned about. I'm sure the baby is developing fine and there will be no long-term effects from this fever which you suffered.

If you had more of a chronic illness or something that involved a fever which lasted several weeks then I would be concerned. In your case however, you had a fever for a short period of time which presents no problem to the baby.

I hope, you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address of them.

Dr. Robert