High fever since 20 days. All blood tests normal. Red color bumps are appearing on the body. What is it ?

Hi, I am XXXXXXX here, I am 26yrs working as staff nurse. I have been spiking a fever & body fever, for the last 20 days, it happenes every day eveining once in a day. I took the medicines as per dr suggestions, but there was no change. Then the dr recomonded for few tests 1) Complete Blood Count, Peripheral Smear and Urine Analysis, but the results was negative. Again doctor suggested for some antibiotic medicines, but my poor health conditions were remain same. Now I am consulting with a different doctor from last 10 dyas, he also suggested for the same tests along with widal test, but the results were again negative & he suggested some medicines based on the report. The medicines were not only reducing the illnes but also started appearing red colur bumps on entire body. The red bump pain is horrible & I visited the dr yesterday. My hus was doubting that it may be dangue fever. Dr. Asked for a x-ray of chest, which was showing a miled infection on the right side of chest. He suggested another two checkup, 1)ESR & blood cultural. Today we got the result for the first one & its showing count of 40 & the second one is coming tomorrow. Doctor not yet suggested any medicies, since he wanted to find out the proper disease for giving treatement, but my current position is too horrible, I cant walk, sleep,

Request your kind support urgent.

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 41 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for query.

There can be various reasons for your fever.

The most common causes are viral infections like dengue, bacterial infections like typhoid fever, malaria, tuberculosis etc.

Since blood counts are normal and history is 20 days old, it rules out dengue and common bacterial infections.

There is no point giving antibiotics irrationally.

Wait for blood culture report.

If it turns out to be negative then you must consult an XXXXXXX medicine expert for detailed investigations and treatment.

I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query.

Thanks and best of luck
Follow-up: High fever since 20 days. All blood tests normal. Red color bumps are appearing on the body. What is it ? 34 hours later
Exactly correct. Thanksj alot sir.
I got BC report, after that they confirmed the infection of my exry is TB. I started the medicine also.
Once again thaks for the proper analysis XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later

I am happy that diagnosis has finally been made.

Take the proper medicine for proper duration.

Make sure you don't miss your medicines.