High fever and cough cured after taking antibiotic. Having sensation in lower lung. Any complication?

Question
I had suffered from high fever and cough in the month of Oct-Nov 12 for a period of about 20 days. It was advised that I had parial consolidation in the lower left lung. It was suspected pneomonia. I was on antibiotics for about 15 days before my fever and cough was cured. Though the fever and cough has not returned till now however I still get some sensation in my lower left lung. Can this sensation be ignored and will go in time or does it require further investigation. Please let me know. Thanks..
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 29 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

I can understand your concern. Although from your symptoms this sensation can be due to gastritis as well but since you had pneumonia three months back it is better to get an x-ray chest done to rule out any recurrent penumonia if there is any fever or cough.

If there is any fever then along with x-ray, you may need a CT chest. But if there are no associated symptoms like fever, cough, breathlessness then there is nothing to worry.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: High fever and cough cured after taking antibiotic. Having sensation in lower lung. Any complication? 2 hours later
Dear Doctor

As mentioned in my question, I do not have any associate symptoms like fever, cough, now. So, can i ignore the sensation in my lower left lung? Also, please advise in how much time this sensation should go away?

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 20 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

If there is no associated fever or cough, then you should not worry about it. These sensations can be due to gastritis also. These sensations should go away in a few days with the right lifestyle measures.

Further, avoid eating any junk food or oily, spicy food. Take a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet consisting more of fruits, salads, soups and raw vegetables (after proper washing). Also increase the protein content in your diet instead of carbohydrates and fats. An advice from a dietician will be helpful. Try raising the head end of your bed by at least two blocks and take your meals 2 hrs prior to bedtime. Also avoid taking two or three heavy meals. Instead, take regular frequent small meals. Avoid taking tea or coffee prior to bedtime and concentrate more on a healthy diet.