High ferritin level in blood, genital discomfort, dizziness, body pain, high cholesterol. What should I do?

Dr the Ferritin levels in my blood are high.155 normal is 20-120 .I fell unconfortable in genera

and most of the time I fell dizzy and pain full around my body and cholesterol high
5.58 and hdl low 0.80. I should I do.
Thank you for your help.
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Increases ferritin levels indicate overload of iron and may indicate iron storage disorders like hemochromatosis.
Patients suffering from hemochromatosis may show signs and symptoms of iron overload like
Diabetes mellitus
Heart failure
Joint pains
Liver cirrhosis etc.
Other important causes for high ferritin levels may indicate rheumatoid arthritis and sometimes cancer also.

Your fatigue and joint pains are most likely due to overload of iron but these symptoms may arise due to calcium and VIT D deficiency also.

You should consult your doctor and get complete blood work done to look for any organ damage done by high ferritin levels.Other tests required are echo cardiography and ultrasound abdomen.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck