High fasting blood sugar diagnosed. AC1 lowered. How to control the sugar levels?

Hi, my fasting blood sugars is 128, I am not on medication.I was diagonised with 434 reading two years back, was on medication for 8 months then my AC1 lowered to 4.8% and slowly my medications were reduced to nill, from past 1 year I am controlling by diet and exercise. I was on oral medication then, type 2. My hba1 has been 5.8% -6.6% range.

Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 29 minutes later
It is good that you are controlling your sugar levels by diet and exercises.
Your fasting sugar level is slightly high but you have not mentioned about your PP sugar levels.
Your HBA1c levels are also desirable.
You must keep up with your diet and exercise regime but must always keep a watch on your sugar levels and monitor them at regular intervals.
Simultaneously get a lipid profile also done.
The moment you find that sugar levels are getting out of control,you should immediately start with oral anti diabetic drugs.
Please also get an eye check up also done.
Please revert to me for any further query on this issue.
Best of luck.
Follow-up: High fasting blood sugar diagnosed. AC1 lowered. How to control the sugar levels? 53 minutes later

Than you for the reply. The below are the readings from past 20 days.

26/05- f- 143,after morning gym-131,2hrs-167
29/05-f-141, 2hr-113
31/05-f-115,before dinner-106
04/06-after morning gym-122,2hrs- lunch-158
05/06-f-116,before dinner-88
06/06-before dinner-94
07/06- before dinner-92
08/06-2 hrs post dinner- 107
11/06-2 hrs post lunch- 142
12/06-f-106,2 hrs post lunch-121
15/06-3.5 hrs of eating-100

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
After going through your reports I feel that your sugar levels are definitely slightly deranged.
To prevent longterm micro as well as macro complications,your sugar levels should be tightly controlled.
I advocate use of medicine like METFORMIN 500 mg twice daily.
Talk to your physician regarding this.