High creatinine levels as blood pressure medication side effect. How to lower it?

Question
I have a creatinine level of 1.8. My Internist is monitoring me and has told me to keep hydrated. He mentioned that this may be a side effect from the blood pressure meds. What can I do to lower this.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 4 hours later

Your creatinine is high. This is a measure of kidney function is suggesting that your kidneys are affected due to something may be disease itself or drugs.

I need some more information from your side so that I may be able to answer your query properly.

If you do not mind I would like know more from your side,

1. Since how long you are having blood pressure?
2. Similar report done in recent past.
3. Are you taking tobacco in any form?
4. You have any other complains like swelling in feet, difficulty in climbing stairs etc.

Please write again with these details.

I will be waiting for your reply,

Dr.Pragnesh