High cholesterol, prescribed Rosvustatin, Left drug, cholesterol under control, sugar normal. Should continue pills ?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
My age is 33 Male , Was taking Rosvustatin 5 Mg for around one year . When I started the medicine my cholestrol was 234 , LDL - 160 , HDL - 44 , Trigl-100 . It became completely ok after taking the drug . I left the drug around two months back and controlled my diet and changed my lifestyle . Now without medication my results are cholestrol 194 , LDL -134 , HDL -50 , Trig - 66 . My blood pressure is in between 120 to 130 and 80 to 90 . I do treadmill regularly (three to four times a week ) . My Fasting sugar is 98 and HB1AC is 5.6 . I am not diabetic and rest all reports are ok . My question is whether I should take any Cholestrol reducing drug. Secondly during treadmill what should be my maximum pulse because my pulse goes to 130 when I walk at 6 km/hr .
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Follow-up: High cholesterol, prescribed Rosvustatin, Left drug, cholesterol under control, sugar normal. Should continue pills ? 10 minutes later
I had got my TMT and EKG done around 5 months back and it was normal . Sometimes I feel light palpitations during night . Cant understand why this is happening . My thyroid is also ok .

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 7 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for the details. You still have higher tham normal cholesterol but not to abnormal. For risk profile like your target HDL should be below 130mg and 134 is acceptable. In my opinion at this stage you can be without medicines but with strict diet and exercise. Just keep monitoring your lipid profile every 3months and if it raises further you do need treatment. I am assuming you dont smoke and no significant family histroy.
The maximum allowed heart rate on treadmill is 220-age and for you it can go upto 188 and 85% of it is always safe and your heart rate well within it. No need for concern. Your palpitation look like normal and inconsequential.

Follow-up: High cholesterol, prescribed Rosvustatin, Left drug, cholesterol under control, sugar normal. Should continue pills ? 1 hour later
Thank you for the reply . What should be the range for cholestrol , LDL ,HDL and Triglyceride ? Does ratio of cholestrol and hdl matters as my report staes 3.8 ?
In my report the cholestrol range mentioned was less than 200 is good , ldl should he less than 130 and hdl should be more than 40 .
Kindly clarify .

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 6 minutes later
LDL <130, Total cholesterol <200 and HDL >55. Ratio does tell us about the risk but its not as impotant as absolute levels.