High cholesterol, arm ache due to Pravastatin. Am I correct to be concerned?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
In XXXXXXX of 2011 my numbers were 117 and since that time it has gone to 261. In JULY I was removed from vytorin WHERE MY LEVEL STAYED AROUND THE HUNDRED XXXXXXX FOR LIKE 15 YEARS. i WAS THEN PUT ON PRAVASTATIN SODIUM , REMOVED BECAUSE OF ARM ACHES, PUT ON 2000MG FISH OIL RECENTLY. SINCE JULY MY CHOLESETROL HAS RAISED TO THE ABOVE NUMBERS ,

TRIG FROM 192 TO 296, HDL34 TO 38, LDL 45 TO 164. mY LOCAL DOCTOR DOES NOT APPEAR CONCERN
AM I CORRECT TO BE CONCERNED
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 8 hours later

Your cholesterol levels are definitely abnormal. Though fish oil has some effect on the lipids but they do not produce a very measurable effect.
If only slight pain in the arm was the reason for stopping your statin previously, now there is nothing wrong in restarting you on newer statin like rosuvastatin and monitor. If there is still a recurrence of the symptoms, then we can look at other lipid lowering agents.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Regards.