High blood sugar, prescribed insulin. Unable to gain weight. What diet should I take?

Hello Doc,

I am 31 year old Male and i am diabetic,currently my blood sugar were high as much as 300 plus and My regular doc has asked me to take insulin 16 MG per day.The question is i have lost weight about 6 to 8 kgs and i am unable to put on weight I look skinny now.Please advise what diet should i take and i have started 40 mins every day on the treadmill.
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Amit Rajput 36 hours later

Thank you for posting on XXXXXXX

Your weight loss and blood glucose levels suggest you need revised insulin dosages and adjustment, preferably twice or three times per day. It can be best done in consultation with a physician experienced in diabetes management / diabetologist.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: High blood sugar, prescribed insulin. Unable to gain weight. What diet should I take? 5 hours later
I was taking irregular tablets and Insuliin but not after meeting my diabetologist he has advised to take 16 units per day and have been regular for a week and i find myself to be much active compaired to before.My Question is if i continue to take regular dosage of Insulin will i be able to gain back the lost weight and will i look healthy.
Answered by Dr. Amit Rajput 5 hours later
Hello again,

Yes. Definitely. One your new insulin regimen is successful in bringing back your sugar levels within acceptable limits, you will definitely look and feel healthier.

Hope I have answered your query.