High blood pressure,delayed menstruation,primolut n,meprate.Side effects?

having one 10mg meprate tab. once in a month

causes any side effects i am 43 years old iused primolut n from XXXXXXX for 4 months sometimes ihave high blood preesure these days for delaying periods can i take meprate or levetto tab is it safe only for one month my doc. advised me for 3 months
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

You have provided with good information but I would like to know a few more things as this would help me in suggesting you better.

I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor's reply and thus satisfaction.

Hence please answer the following:
1) Why were you using primolut N?
2) When did you stop taking Primolut N?
3) Are you having regular periods?
4) When did you have your periods last time?
5) By how many days do you want to delay your periods?
6) You are not taking any treatment for hypertension. What are your latest Blood Pressure records?
7)Has someone prescribed you to take meprate or levetto? For which problem?

Awaiting an early response.
Follow-up: High blood pressure,delayed menstruation,primolut n,meprate.Side effects? 25 hours later
last year from XXXXXXX ihad periods after 15 days then doc.prescribed me primolute n for 6 months but my homeopathic doc. said to stop me after 4 months.2 months were fine then spotting started for 8 days after completed periods. iwent to doc. and she sugested me for usg. and there was infection itake antibiotics .iam fine now.doc prescribed me for delaying perids primolute n for 10 days. my fried gyne in chenni ....ialso asked her then she told me meprate for 10 days and femilone for 3 months. at first my bp. was low but rare .and last month bp. was high. once but now it is normal. i am also taking thyroid my last periods was 1st aug. and then 27th aug. no spotting from 1 month.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.

Now that you are not having any spotting for last one month and you do not want to delay your periods, it is best to get yourself investigated thoroughly for the cause of irregular spotting like ultrasound scan, blood hormone levels, physical examination, pap smear, vaginal swab, etc.

After finding out the cause then only it is best to start the proper treatment under the guidance of your gynecologist.

Wishing you an early recovery.