High blood pressure,chest pain,ECG,palpitations,headache

I am 48 year old female. have high bp . I have just had episode of chest pain and admitted to hospital for 2 days. blood tests showed negative for heart dmaage but T1 - T4 waves of ECG inverted, Hameglobin 17.7 and I have palpitations and headache in the evening
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later

Thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will try to provide you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

From the information you have submitted, I do not think you are in any immediate danger. I do not see any immediate life threatening problem but I think you do have some things which need to be worked up with consultations with your primary care provider as well as a cardiologist.

As far as your chest pains are concerned there are multiple things which could cause this that are not related to the heart including stress or possibly some problems with the esophagus including Acid production or Esophageal reflux. All of these can be worked up of your primary care provider and possibly a consultation with a Gastroenterologist.

Certainly a stress test would be indicated to make sure there is no limitation to the blood flow in your heart. The fact that T waves were inverted in the electro cardiogram sometimes may reflect a little bit of limitation of blood flow in the heart. A stress test will help to further elaborate this.

Your hemoglobin is slightly elevated. Most often this may reflect a bit of dehydration but sometimes it can be indicative of a problem with the bone marrow. I recommend that your primary care provider follow up on this with the repeat complete blood count to analyze the hemoglobin once again.

Again I do not think you have any type of life-threatening process going on. I would like to encourage you however to follow up with your primary care provider to have all of this worked up appropriately.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope my response has been adequate and informative. If you have any additional questions I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert.