High blood pressure, pulsation in forehead, no pain but frequent. What should I do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have high blood pressure and currently it is 170/100. Over the past few days I have been feeling a small pulsing sinsation on my forehead. it doesn't hurt and it last for a only a few seconds but it comes back frequently. What should i do?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
You are suffering from an uncontrolled hypertension. High blood pressure can cause injury to the
1. Heart
2. Kidney
3. Brain
4. Eyes
This damage cannot be rectified once done. Your pulsing sensation could also be due to your high blood pressure. You need to be under observation and require continuous monitoring of Blood pressure along with investigations as Blood test, ECG,stress test.
The blood pressure is to be lowered initially by means of medications which might be administered in injectable form.
Kindly visit your physician for treatment so that you can be monitored regularly and also to avoid any complications.
Some general measures you can follow to keep your blood pressure under control are;
1. Minimise salt intake to around 2 to 3 grams per day.
2. Exercise regularly.
3. Do relaxing exercises like yoga and breathing exercises.
4. Take the anti-hypertensive medicines regularly.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.