Ask a Urologist   »  

High blood pressure, prostatitis, seminal leakage on getting aroused, urinating. Treatment ?

I'm 5"8 240 pounds have high blood pressure and have prostatitis and been having semial leakage when I get arouse or used the bathroom. Is there anything I can do for this.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 18 hours later

The problems you are experiencing can be because of prostatitis or because of excessive secretion from urethral glands.

You need to be examined to confirm the same, also do get a PSA test and a pelvic ultrasound to rule out active inflammation in the prostate which could be the reason for the discharge you have.

Treatment for the same depends on the underlying cause which is made after a through examination along with analysis of the lab reports.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: High blood pressure, prostatitis, seminal leakage on getting aroused, urinating. Treatment ? 3 hours later
Is there medicine to help with the prostatitis I heard theirs no cure.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

Treatment of prostatis is difficult but that does not mean that no cure exists.

It is uncertain as to why, but it may be due to a poorly emptying bladder.

A small amount of stagnant urine allows the potential for recurrent infection to occur.

This situation can be caused by benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), bladder stones, or prostate stones.

You should see urologist and get treated with alpha blockers and antibiotics.