High blood pressure, lipid profile, sugar, kidney tests, specialist and medication for treatment

I want to XXXXXXX good blood pressure doctor to prevent BP and maintain good bp rate. I have reaings for the past 35 days. Age: 39, weight: 71, height: 168 cm, sex: male
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 26 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX thanks for the query.

You are quite young,for any patient the doctors want that he or she should maintain blood pressure between 140 systolic and 90 diastolic.This is normal range for an individual without any other medical problem,irrespective of age.

Your blood pressure was high at time of diagnosis and you were advised medications because you were having some problems because of high blood pressure.

First of all go for some basic check ups like lipid profile,blood sugar,kidney test etc. to have some basic investigation done at onset of illness.In some cases doctors may able to find the reason for high blood pressure and can treat accordingly so this investigations are important.

In some cases for example having high blood pressure in family increase your chances of getting high blood pressure in life.Undue stress due to work or domestic issues can also raise blood pressure.Your BMI (height/weight ratio) is 25.16,means slightly higher then normal.Try to reduce your weight by 2-3 kilos.

When you were diagnosed to have high blood pressure your b.p. was not very high.There are bright chances that this elevation was temporary due to anxiety or stress that you had at that time.In such cases one can go away without regular medicines.

Take light diet,avoid high fat diet,avoid junk food,take more of fruits and salads.Most importantly do regular exercise for 30 minutes, minimum 6 days in a week.Avoid possible stress.Yoga and meditation can also help a lot in young individuals.This measures I think will take your blood pressure.

Above all the most important thing is that with or without treatment your blood pressure has to be normal.Keep regular checking and follow the advise given.This is known as life style modification.In some cases like you who have mildly elevated blood pressure medicines can be avoided with this.Be careful and keep watch on your blood pressure.

Take care and still if you have something more to ask please write to me again.Bye for now,take care.