High blood pressure in the morning, normal in the evening, no symptoms. Emergency?

I monitor my BP and it usually within normal range although a bit high to the AM and low in the PM. last evening I measured it and it was 176/100 and did it a few times it came down a bit. I measured it again this am and it was the same. It never, at least to my knowledge, been that high for 12 hours. Should I go to a DR right away? I have an appointment on Thur. i have no other symptoms although last evening my face did feel hot etc.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 19 minutes later

I shall address your concern based on your current given information.

I understand you need help with your Blood pressure condition.
Based on your words, I find the following medical issues:
1. BP of 176/100 (even around that range) is considered to be Stage 2 of hypertensive classification which means you will have to be on 2 drugs at least.
2. BMI (Body Mass Index) stands at 27.5 which means you are overweight and this is one on the risk factor list for cardiovascular conditions.
3. BP does normally have a time based pattern for an individual but never should be over normal values at any given time of day.
4. On and off beta blocker for your palpitation would need review as much as your symptoms like flushing of face etc.

My advice to you for now:
1. Its overtime for a physician's visit.
2. Good about your moderate exercise. Keep it going but, just don't overdo.
3. You need some relaxing for your mind along with the body, try some light music, meditation, hobby, whichever helps apart from routine.
4. After your doctor's visit, get an appointment with a good clinical dietitian for a diet chart and plan for reducing weight.

I hope, I have answered your concern on a broad sense, now.

If you have additional questions regarding these recommendations, do not hesitate to reply.