High blood pressure during travelling, overheating. Could this be because of stress?

I was on a holiday in India (until yesterday morning) and returned to Germany last afternoon. I had a bp of 153/113 on Wednesday night and on Thursday. Could this be because of stress (i did strain myself a bit in the heat travelling around quite a bit and overeating too). I did consult my neighbor doctor who asked me to immediately get blood reports. My BP has since come down to 130/95, but I am worried. I am 39 years old Male father of two.
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Yes, very probably due to the stress , long trip, flight, lack of sleep, etc.. your blood pressure was up. If you didn’t experienced any chest pain , chest discomfort, tightness in breathing, dizziness, and your BP come down to 130/95 then at this stage you no need to worry about. But I would advice you in future to maintain healthy diet and healthy lifestyle ( limitation of salt, fatty food, spicy food, coffee, caffeine drinks, black tea, alcohol, smoking, stress, insomnia, etc. ) and try to get BP machine and start monitor your BP in both arms in supine and sitting position every morning after night rest at same time for five days consecutively and record data. If BP in one arm is much higher , then the higher value is used. Hypertension is defined blood pressure level above 140/90 mmHg, so in your case you have slightly elevated diastolic (95 ), but if you checked your BP one, two times you can’t confirm that you have high blood pressure. Obtain your data and make an appointment with your Doctor to clarify details and further management.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,