High blood pressure, chest pain, painful breathing, no rib lesion, elevation of hemidiaphragm. What does it mean?

Hi I am a 39 year old female ex smoker gave up 3 years ago, had a gallbladder/stones removal (keyhole) done 14th Nov last year. Have high blood pressure on atacand 8mg,I have had a chest xray done due to the fact I have been experiencing stabbing pains in right rib/chest area for the past few weeks,have bronchai ashma is alot better since giving up smoking. it suddenly started to get worse 5 days ago and i have been in alot of pain evertime i breathe in and XXXXXXX and yawn alot. Went to first doc who gave me pandon forte, which didnt help much, then again and had a chest xray done which come back as saying:
No rib lesion is detected. Slight elevation of the right hemidiaphragm is noted. A minor increase in non specific basal lung markings is noted bilaterally. There is little blunting of the right costophrenic recess consistent with minor pleral thickening or fluid. The lung fields are otherwise radiologically clear and the heart amd mediastinum appear normal./ On monday I have to have ct scan of the chest on lung fields. What does all this mean. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 45 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query .

After going through your query, I would like like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be suffering from Bronhial asthma with right sided chest pain.

2. The cause of your right sided chest pain seems to be due to:
1. Right sided pleural thickening
2. Minimal right sided pleural/ subpulmonic effusion
3. Right sided pleurisy
4. Rt. basal pneumonitis

3. You need to get it confirmed on ultra sound.

4. Most likely it could be pleural thickening (as a result of post operative pleural effusion). In this case you need to be prescibed analgesics.

5. If it is pleural effusion than the pleural fluid needs to be aspirated under usg guidance and investigated.

6. CT thorax will definitely help.

6. Please visit a pulmonologist for complete evaluation.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra