High blood pressure, belching. Heart-related problem?

My Mother is 60 +, had High BP 170-130 yeterday and Belching. Today she has 140-90 and belching still persist . Could this be heart related.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 27 minutes later
Thanks for writing your query to XXXXXXX

Belching may be a sign of a heart disease. Belching may be seen with myocardial ischaemia or angina without chest pain. A few of the common symptoms that occur with heart attack include indigestion, shortness of breath, dizziness, rapid pulse, sweating, weakness, and/or chest pain. If your mom is having any of the above symptoms along with belching, kindly consult the cardiologist & get an ECG done for her.

Belching can also be due to other causes like due to some medicines side effect,gulping food or water too rapidly, intake of carbonated beverages. Belching is a response to any type of abdominal discomfort.

Also we need to find out what is the reason for such wide fluctuation on her blood pressure from 170/130 to 140/90. You need to confirm whether she is taking her medicines regularly without missing it. Consult your treating physician who will assess your mom clinically & findout the cause for belching.

I hope I have answered your query. In case you have any further doubts, I will be happy to help you.