High TSH, normal T4, T3, contricted throat, yawning, Diphenhydramine safe?

I'm 44 year old male, 5'11" and weigh 175 lbs. I have no medical history. My doctor told me my TSH is high but my t4 and t3 are normal, I've been having problems sleeping (not sure why), my throat feels constricted like there's a lump or something in there and I'm having to yawn a lot like I'm not getting enough air so I yawn to fill that deficiency. My doctor just gave me diphenhydramine (25 mg) to take to help me sleep, is it safe (even though I haven't been diagnosed with hypothyroidism) to take? (he asked me if I suffer from allergies and I said i have in the past, but have never taken anything except for OTC stuff).
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 5 hours later

Diphenhydramine is an antihistaminic drug that can causes drowsiness. You can feel sleepy after using the pill.

This may have prompted your doctor to prescribe it,instead of sleeping pills.
It is usually safe, when consumed as advised by your doctor. But this is not the solution for insomnia.

As far as thyroid problems is concerned, consult physician or endocrinologist. You may be cured after the diagnosis and it's treatment.

I hope you are satisfied with my answer. If you have any more queries I am available for follow ups.