High BP, taking Amlopres, ECG & blood tests normal, suggestion for BP natural remedy. Amlopres side effects & BP effect on sex life?

Dear Doctor,

I am a man of age 29. Three days before the doctor diagnosied that i have high blood pressure (150/110). The next day my Blood Pressure increased to (170/110)since i didnt take any medicine. I took Amlopres-5 last two days morning and night. Today I Checked my Blood Pressure and it is (150/100).

My ECG and Blood Test are showing normal values. Since my age is only 29 I am afraid of taking of Amlopres-5 daily. Is the usage of the Blood Pressure medicines will cause any side effects? Is it not possible to control Blood Pressure without taking any medicines? Also please advice me how this Blood pressure will affect my sex life?
Thank you very much.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 56 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) What is your height and weight?
2.) Do you drink and smoke?

Once the Blood Pressure is confirmed, you will have to take these medications for life without stopping them without Doctor's notice as the blood pressure will increase once you stop. Continue taking your medications, blood pressure will gradually reduce. Don't worry about the side effects as they may or may not occur and there are no serious side effects with Amlopres.

If your Blood pressure is uncontrolled, it may affect your sexual life causing Erectile Dysfunction.

In addition to this, follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
2.) Limit salt intake, to less than 2,500mg per day.
3.) Avoid alcohol and smoking, if you do.
4.) Exercise regularly for an hour, this will keep your Blood Pressure under control.
5.) Avoid high calorie foods.
6.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.