High BP, headache, chest infection associated with a cold. History of migraines. Should I see my doctor with this BP?

Hello, my blood pressure is 180 over 106. I have a headache at the back of my head, just above my neck. I also have slight chest infection associated with a cold. I do suffer with migraines but this is not a migraine pain; maybe sinus type pain. Should I see my GP with this BP?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The blood pressure mentioned by you is quite high and considering your age and associated headache such high BP can lead to complications as stroke, neuropathy, heart issues, etc.
You need to be under observation and require continuous monitoring of Blood pressure along with investigations as Blood test, ECG,stress test.
The blood pressure is to be lowered initially by means of medications which might be administered in injectable form.
Kindly visit your physician so that you can be monitored regularly and also to avoid any complications.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.