High BP, bad headache. Tylenol recommended?

Hello, I was wondering what could cause me to wake up with a really bad headache, it is some what better now and I have been battleing some what high BP but when I took it this morning it was 128/84 I guess not to bad could my BP have been high all night, I mean really high that caused tis headache or maybe something else. I was going to take a Tylenol but not sure.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 20 minutes later

Headache after getting up can be due to temperature variations, food taken last night, dehydration, sinusitis due to blocked nose, anxiety etc. Your BP is not high enough to cause headache. If someone's normal BP is less and even an increase in 20 to 30mm Hg can cause a headache.

If it is on the regular basis then it would require evaluation.

Continue checking your BP on regular basis for few days to see if there are any fluctuations.You can take Tylenol if pain is too bothersome.

Some suggestions for you;
Do not have spicy,processed food at night
Drink lots of water daily.
Go for a regular exercise.
Have proper sleep and avoid stress.
Restrict smoking and alcohol.
If the nose is blocked take steam inhalation 2 to 3 times a day.

If the headache is persistent then you would require clinical examination and consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.
Follow-up: High BP, bad headache. Tylenol recommended? 24 minutes later
so maybe eating pancakes with syryp last night was not a good idea? and I was told to eat pickles to help with the BP is this true
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 3 hours later

Thanks for follow up.

It is quite possible that the headache might have been caused by the cake and syrup.Having pickles is not good in my opinion as they contain added salt and is a preservative which can contribute in increasing BP.

Wishing you Good Health!