High BP and pulse rate. Feel panicky. Suggestion?

Hi Doc,

From last some days my upper and lower limit BP was high( 160/105) pulse rate-100.

but now BP is normal as i was regularly checking, but i m always feeling some panic and very high pulse rate.

Can you please suggest me?
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 47 minutes later
Your first BP reading is in the range of hypertension but the following readings are found to be normal. Are they normal without treatment? if yes then the first reading must have been wrongly recorded.
Another possibility is what is known as Office hypertension when due to back ground anxiety and psychological pressure a very high BP is noticeable but when measured at home it is found to be normal.
You should get BP recorded at three separate occasions by a doctor, if found normal then you do not need worry about your BP.
Panic and high pulse rate may be a manifestation of Thyroid disease or an anxiety neurosis disorder.
Please get an empty stomach morning blood sample for Thyroid and Lipid Profiles if any abnormality detected then consult a physician otherwise get a review to a Psychiatrist for management of the anxiety and panic state.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.