High BP and diabetic patient. Prescribed with meganeuronod plus. How will this help with the medicines I am already taking?

Question
I AM DIABETIC AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE PATIENT. AS A MULTIVITAMIN I HAVE BEEN ADVISED MEGANEURON OD PLUS. HOW WILL IT HELP ME. MY PRESENT MEDICATION IS 4 TABS OF GALVUS MET 50/850 AND ONE TAB OF AMARYL 3 FOR DIABETES AND 2 TABS OF TELMA H 80, ONE ATORVA ASP 150, ONE STAMLO 2.5 AND AMTAS AT (5+50).
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 19 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic,

Meganeuron-OD Plus is a nutritional supplement that contains: biotin, methylcobalamin, pyridoxine, benfotiamine, folic acid and alpha lipoic acid.

It is used to treat or prevent a deficiency of some of the conditions that can be caused by a lack in them, such as Diabetic neuropathy. Which is the common complication in long-standing diabetic patients.

Hope I have addressed your query. If you have any further queries please let me know.

DR.SIVAYOGI

Follow-up: High BP and diabetic patient. Prescribed with meganeuronod plus. How will this help with the medicines I am already taking? 32 hours later
1) Is it the right Multivitamins for me. Or is there a better one.
2) Is my medication right
3) any other specific advise.

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 7 hours later
Welcome back,
Yes it's a right multivitamin for your requirement. Many of the brand names are available in the market,but ingredients are more or less same .
The right choice of the combination for particular patient will be decided by a treating physician itself.

Regarding your care -Neuropathy complications are more common in diabetics . So you have to take care of your foot like -Ifthere is any decreased touch sensation,numbness or paresthesias ,you should have to report your physician.

regards,
DR.SIVAYOGI