High BP after stopping Amilopedine. Should I start medication again?

i am 40 year old male,weight 76 kg.other test normal except Mau for urine was positive once. taking ramipril 5 mg daily.after that Mau is normal for 5 times. Blood pressure was 130/100. initially started with amilopedine 10 mg. gradually within two year reduced to 2.5 mg. Few days back my doc advised to stop amilopedine as it was hurting my gum. my BP was 110/80 for several ocassion during these years. but after 10 days of leaving medicine my BP shoot up to 130/100. Talked to doc ,advised to go to amilopedine. pl suggest what to do.
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 48 minutes later
It is good that microalbuminaria is not present now.
As far as your BP is concerned,you should make efforts to bring it down to below 120/80 mm of HG.
Since you already suffered from gingival hypertrophy( swelling of gums ) due to amlopedine,there is no point taking it again.
You can either add a mild diuretic like  Hydrochlorthiazide with the ramipril or can take a ARB like losartan or telmisartan along with ramipril.
This is just a suggestion and ultimately,it has to be your doctor who has to decide,what is best for you.
The main aim is to keep your BP down and see that MAU doesn't return.

You are most welcome to ask any other query,if you wish.
Best of luck