High BP. Starting exercise, want to lose weight. Is high cardio exercise good to start with?

Is a blood pressure reading of 149/101 something to be concerned about? I've not been diagnosed, but I am concerned. I am wanting to start a new excerise program and do not have a regular doctor to ask if it is ok. It will be a lot of cardio and some weights. I weigh 177 now, and want to lose weight to be more fit, especially the XXXXXXX fat around my organs which I know is not good. Is it a good idea to start out with a vigorous plan of high cardio (muscle confusion) 4-5 times per week of 45minutes each?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 12 minutes later
Hello and thanks for query.
The normal BP is supposed to be 120 to 130 upper side and around 80 on lower side( 120-130/80 mm of HG )
The long standing blood pressure can cause strain on your heart or coronary artery changes in you.
Since your exercise regime involves cardio exercises,you must get a proper cardiac check up and clearance from cardiologist before starting these exercises as any undue strenuous load on your heart can precipitate a cardiac emergency.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and good luck.