High ASO level. Symptoms are body pain, swallowing difficulty, loss of appetite, headache, ear pain, stomach noises & diarrhea.

Question
Hi doctor
Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in General Health
Follow-up: High ASO level. Symptoms are body pain, swallowing difficulty, loss of appetite, headache, ear pain, stomach noises & diarrhea. 8 minutes later
Hi Doctor ..
Im 22 yrs old
Before around a week, i had weird symptoms like "pain in my body, Difficulty in swallowing, Loss of appetite for food, Pain in the whole body, headache, feeling weird things, and i just had pain in my left ear when i touch it, sometimes i hear some weired sounds from my stomach, some times i have Diarrhea and sometimes no (changes in my stool)"
I made a blood test and my Anti-streptolysin o titer was positive (400) .. which is more than 200.

What do you think?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 29 hours later

The symptoms you had are very typical as seen in any infections by bacteria.The blood test has confirmed the fact that a bacteria was involved.

Anti streptolysin is an antibody seen in infections with streptococcus. I would recommend you a course of antibiotics belonging to pencillin group like amoxicillin or ampicillin.The above antibiotics will cure your infection and render you symptom free.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.