Hi my name is Kimberly XXXXXXX my daughter has been

Question
Hi my name is Kimberly XXXXXXX my daughter has been having Hemiplegic migraines Headaches that's what other docs been trying to say but does that cause the dropping of the the lips is causing paralyzed on the left side of her leg could you tell me if my daughter could have meningitis .
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
CSF analysis

Detailed Answer:
How long is the problem with your
To be able to find out if your daughter has meningitis or not the definitive test is CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) analysis which is tapping the fluid in the spine by a needle.
This helps easily identify if there is chance of meningitis.
Besides headache and fever, there would be stiffness in the neck and unable to view direct light in meningitis. THis is classic since your daughter had not been complaining of these you can exempt it as first possibility.
But you can ask doctor to get CSF analysis and CT brain to rule meningitis.