Hi my name is Erin, so for the past two

ENT Specialist
Question
Hi my name is Erin, so for the past two weeks I’ve been dealing with a sinus infection, which I’m on antibiotics for (I never take antibiotics on an empty stomach because I have an ulcer). However, I’ve recently been experiencing upset stomach, back and abdominal pain, muscle cramps and spasming in my back, pressure or a feeling of being full but nauseous, and now I’ve got this weird plastic cleaner-like taste in my mouth. I have had kidney stones in the past, but they’ve never been accompanied by anything but the pain and discomfort. Last week I did have a lumbar puncture done to test the pressure, to see what was causing my daily headaches. The morning I had the lumbar puncture done, I woke up with a headache which went away as soon as the doctor began testing the pressure, and about two and a half hours after the procedure the headache came back 10x worse. I ended up in the ER twice in less than 48 hours; the second visit, they did a blood patch and the headache went away. However, I have had a low grade headache every day even since the blood patch was done. Now, with this weird taste in my mouth and the continued feeling of being full but unable to eat, has me wondering what I’m dealing with.
Posted Wed, 6 Dec 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gastritis with sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to health care Magic and thanks for putting up the query
The symptoms of fullness in the stomach and bad taste in mouth are probably due to gastric acid reflux and indigestion. You should take some probiotics and antacids.
The headache in your case can be due to sinusitis or can be due to the effect of lumbar puncture. You should consult a neurologist and get examined.
Please get a x-ray paranasal sinuses done and send me the picture so that I can suggest you better.
Avoid any spicy foods and aerated drinks.
Drink plenty of water.
Follow up with the required information.
Thanks and regards