Hi, my 7 month old baby has excessive drooling .

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
Hi, my 7 month old baby has excessive drooling. his tshirt front becomes wet in half an hour. Is it normal? He makes sounds, eats semisolid mashed foods & is breastfed as well. He rolls over & back perfectly, crawls on stomach. He has not started sitting without support. He sits leaning on me when I keep him on my lap. Though he was born 3 weeks ahead of my EDD, since it just completed 37 weeks of gestation he is not preterm. Which month can I expect him to sit well on his own? Also is this drooling normal?
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in null

Answered by Dr. Arun 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Perfectly normal for his age

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for writing.
Your baby is showing perfectly normal development and has achieved the milestones appropriate for his 7 months age.
Let me answer both your queries
1. Drooling is very common, no need to worry.
Teething may start shortly. If he is coughing or crying excessively , get his throat examined , as that can cause drooling too. But if he is asymptomatic no further worries.
2. Sitting on your lap is fine , but keep your hand for supporting his back, as spine is not fully strong now. Sitting with support may happen at around 8 months, without support will be a month or two later.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Dr Arun