Hi, i have a question regarding HIV . I was

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hi, i have a question regarding HIV. I was at a fast-food place to eat something. The girl who put my food had some blood on her face i think was from acnee. If some blood drop in my food and i eat it, Ca-n i get infected with HIV ? Thank you
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HIV transmission risk is negligible only

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
HIV can not survive outside the body fluids not more than few seconds. Your saliva and gastric fluids are inimical to HIV.
If that girl is a HIV positive, and if you ingested the blood contaminated food, it will not transmit the virus unless you have any oral or gastroesophageal diseases or ulcers. There is every chance for the girl is free from HIV infection. Then there's no question of HIV transmission.
Dr S Murugan

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your HIV risk is negligible only.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Your HIV risk is negligible. You can relax.
Dr S Murugan

Follow-up: Hi, i have a question regarding HIV . I was 2 minutes later
I am a healthy person i didn’t have any ulcers or other things in my mouth. Last time when i’ve been sick it was a year ago. I eat that food after 10-15 minutes when i was back home. This happened 2 months ago. Can i relax about this episod ?