Hi , i am having hairloss and now my hair's

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hi ,

i am having hairloss and now my hair's becomes thin please suggest to re grow the hair and hair loss
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Androgenetic alopecia. Minoxidil solution and oral finasteride

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar(Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

Hair loss in males is commonly due to Androgenetic alopecia which is characterized by thinning and hair loss
in a pattern - mainly from the front, mid and vertex of the scalp.
Anterior hair line starts receding gradually appearing like an M-shaped anterior hair lne.
There is underlying genetic predisposition and a positive family history is often elicited in other members like father, brother, uncle, cousins etc.
Minoxidil 5% solution and Finasteride 1mg tablet are approved treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia in males.The goal of treatment is to arrest further progression therefore treatment may be started as soon as possible. Minoxidil and finasteride are prescription medications and require follow up. Moreover treatment is long term therefore I suggest you to kindly consult a dermatologist in your region for the needful.