Hi are these results normal or should I be concerned

Question
Hi are these results normal or should I be concerned that I have something going on I have body aches and I'm dizzy
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
an infection is likely

Detailed Answer:

the tests are not diagnostic of any disorder but there are some values out of normal range. The white blood cell count in particular is high. Most of the increase is attributed to neutrophils while the lymphocytes are rather low in number. This is a common finding in acute infections. Bacterial infections are more likely to cause this finding although viral infections may also cause it particularly during the first 48 hours of presentation. Other potential causes are also possible but I can't say judge without the clinical context (your symptoms and the rest of your medical history). If this is the only finding (without any symptoms) then this is not worrisome although repeat testing might be required. If not, please let me know of the details.

Kind Regards!

Follow-up: Hi are these results normal or should I be concerned 10 minutes later
hey the results of the test I just attached were recent as of a few days the first attachment was 6 days old and can you help me and tell me what is a acute infection I have been feeling dizzy back pain joint pain I have shortness of breath I don't know if that's attributed to my sleep apnea I also have been producing phlegm I don't know if that's because of my post nasal drip and I have a stuffy nose I also have anxiety and as for pain I have had really bad pain in my stomach and some in my armpit and arm the stomach pain comes and goes it goes for about 5 to 10 seconds then goes away and then sometimes comes back 30 or 40 minutes later

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
an infection is likely!

Detailed Answer:
Your symptoms (joint pain, stuffy nose, etc) suggest a respiratory tract infection. Therefore the slight elevation of the white blood cell count is expected. The stomach and arm symptoms are not typical of any disorder. Such short lived pains do not have high diagnostic value.

So in conclusion, it seems that the high neutrophil count can be attributed to your respiratory tract infection. You'd better check with your primary care physician whether antibiotics or other kind of treatment is required or not. The tests are not alarming...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!