Hi My wife is 33 weeks pregnant now. She has

Question
Hi
My wife is 33 weeks pregnant now. She has beta thalaessaemia minor carrier trait. Her Haemoglobin last measured is 11.
The doctor here is recommending Omega 3 Pregnacare DHA Tabs. Is it safe to have.

https://www.vitabiotics.com/pregnacare/plus

Also please suggest a good diet plan for 33weeks to 40 weeks.
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She can have it.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

Omega 3 Pregnacare DHA tablets are antenatal vitamins that are safe for use during pregnancy and do help in proper baby's growth.

The nutritional supplements that you need for healthy baby include-
1. A high protein diet- rich in pulses, cereals, eggs, fish, etc.
2. A high calcium intake- like milk, milk products, eggs, bajra, ragi, etc.
3. Eat fiber-rich fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and avoid foods which are not easily digestible and fatty foods
4. Have six small meals instead of 3 large meals
5. Drink plenty of fluids
6. Go for regular Brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily.
7. Take regular iron , calcium and DHA supplements as prescribed by your gynecologist.

Proper diet chart can be prepared according to her weight and baby's growth progress with the help of a dietician which will take care of her food preferences also.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow-up queries that you have.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal