Hi My daughter is 2 years old and we just

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hi
My daughter is 2 years old and we just came from outstation. We noticed red spots on back and legs. Are these mosquito bites or any thing else? She is feeling itching and what needs to be done for relieving her.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you

I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.

Follow-up: Hi My daughter is 2 years old and we just 15 minutes later
Attached dr.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Images not received

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

No. I still have not received the images. You may try upload the images again or else you may mail me the images at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of the mail as Attention :Dr kakkar.
If you still face problems kindly contact customer care team of HealthcareMagic.

Follow-up: Hi My daughter is 2 years old and we just 25 minutes later
Sorry doctor now attached them

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for itchy spots ?bug bites?scabies

Detailed Answer:
thank you.

I have viewed the images.
They could be either beg bug bites or perhaps scabies. I suggest you to apply 5%permethrin cream/lotion whole body, neck downwards(I.e sparing face) in evening and leave it overnight for 8hours. Can take a bath next morning.

Next day onwards you can apply a topical steroid+antibiotic combination cream e.g momate f cream, on the red spots. Use it twice daily for 7-10days.
You may also give her a syrup cetrizine 5mg/5ml,1tsf every evening for symptomatic relief from itching.

regards