Hi, My Mom is 87. She has dementia . In

Question
My Mom is 87. She has dementia. In the past couple months she bruises easily primarily of her forearms
However on Wednesday she was bruise free. Thursday during the day she developed white pimple like bumps. Later that day the bumps burst and they became the center of multiple large bruises.
We have not seen the white bumps before. Should we be concerned?
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Elderly Problems
Follow-up: Hi, My Mom is 87. She has dementia . In 2 minutes later
So overnight she developed 6 large bruises about 2-3 inches in diameter on her forearms only
The center of each bruise is still white-ish where the white bumps were previously.

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload an image of this area for review!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

To be of help, I will really need to at least see these lesions. Without seeingthem, am afraid I might only provide generic information that might not prove helpful. Also, is she on any blood thinners? Do you think she does any activities that might lead to minor traumas?

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Waiting...

Follow-up: Hi, My Mom is 87. She has dementia . In 9 minutes later
My Mom is in a memory care facility. I will go see her tomorrow and take pictures.
No she is not on any blood thinners. No I am not aware of any activities that might lead to the traumas. There is a nurse at the memory care facility. She looked at the bruises tonight. She said she has not seen anything like this before.
I will upload photos to you tomorrow.

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looking forward to receiving and revieiwng them!

Detailed Answer:

I look forward to receiving and reviewing these images.

Waiting...