Hi, I have been stressed lately and am experiencing a

Question
Hi, I have been stressed lately and am experiencing a feeling of high blood pressure. Is there anything that can help lower it immediately until I can get to the doctor
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take amlodipine 5 Mg.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
Check your blood pressure and confirm whether it is on higher side or not. If it is on high side you can try relaxation techniques like taking a deep breath and slowly releasing the inspired air. If it’s on very high(more than 180) take a single tablet of amlodipine 5 Mg and rush to your doctor.
Avoid unwanted stress and anxiety. Quit smoking do Do regular exercises.
Thanks